San Francisco has been one of my favorite cities since I was a kid. I love the neighborhoods, I love the sights, I love the food. I used to go almost every year in college and a many times growing up. Unfortunately since moving to Miami I have only been back a few times. I did two holiday/New Years trips in the Bay and then also made my way through when I had a wedding in Monterrey and a wedding in Oakland. Two of those trips were after I started my blog and those posts are below!
Restaurants (all with gluten-free specialties):
- CREAM (Berkeley, the Mission, and locations around the Bay)– “Cookies Rule Everything Around Me.” Ice cream cookie sandwiches and ice cream tacos. Gluten-free cookies are available for the ice cream cookie sandwiches, including chocolate chip, Snickerdoodle, and white chocolate fudge.
- Creperie St. Germain (Financial District)– fast-casual restaurant inside the 555 California building with regular and gluten-free crepes. Both savory and sweet crepes available that are quite filling and delicious!
- Mariposa Baking Company (Embarcadero)– not just sweet gluten-free baked goods, but savory ones too. And they are quite good! A wide range of options for gluten-frees!
- Post on more recent trip to their main Oakland location
- Pieology (Berkeley)– the fast-casual pizza version of Chipotle where you pick your sauces and ingredient while it’s made in front of you. They have gluten-free crust available.
- Roam Burger (Pacific Heights, Union Street, and Lafayette)– gourmet burgers (beef, buffalo, elk, veggie) and fries with gluten-free buns available.