One time while home for the holidays in Portland I took the train up to Seattle to visit my brother and some friends. Was only in town for 26 hours, but felt like I made good use of my time in seeing some sights and trying out a few restaurants. Forgot how much I loved this city and how much there is to do there!
- Chihuly Garden and Glass– a permanent museum of one of the most famous glass artists in the world. A very cool experience at the Seattle Center to check out.
- EMP– formerly called the Experience Music Project (now just the initials). Super interactive museum at the Seattle Center.
- Pike Place– with gluten-free bakery Coffee & Specialty Bakery
- Seattle’s Best Parks– best spots in the city to get some great views of the skyline and Olympic Mountains (in my opinion)
- Train Ride from Portland to Seattle– very cool trip with some great views and vistas from the train